Thank you to all that contributed and participated and hoped! Congratulations to the winners! Teamsters Local 959 counts on this campaign to keep Labor friendly candidates in office, we cannot use Dues to support candidates so this is very important to all Teamsters and local unions.
OUR VOICE MATTERS – AND WE SHOW THAT WHEN WE VOTE!
- Voting for officials who support our issues benefits & supports our goals.
- Elected & Appointed Officials make laws, regulations, and ordinances which affect our ability to do our jobs, and for the Union to negotiate on behalf of our Members.
- When we negotiate contracts for wages, benefits, and fair treatment on the job, these are the people on the other side of the table.
- We all want to negotiate with people who support our issues.
- First, we must elect them.
WE ARE STRONGER TOGETHER
- Your vote supports our ability to negotiate on your behalf.
- Officials pay attention to who votes & how often they vote/your registration & action supports our efforts to negotiate on your behalf.
ELECTED OFFICIALS FOLLOW VOTING LISTS
- These lists don’t show how you vote, but they do show how often.
- The fact is: The more we vote, the more we matter to them.
- Some officials think it’s ok to withhold support or action from “people who don’t vote anyway.”
Be sure to reach out to your Teamster sisters that are members in good standing and ask them to join the Alaskan Teamster Sisters group by emailing at 959Sisters@gmail.com or joining our private Facebook group, Alaskan Teamster Sisters.
Understand what’s at stake with “Fair Share” Fees and the Pending decision by the U.S. Supreme Court. Please view this video to understand what’s at stake with Janus v. AFSCME and the importance of being a fully-engaged active Teamster TODAY!
We have made paying dues easy! All you need to do is create a login. You will need to enter 10 digits for your ledger number, 959 ledger numbers will start with 0959 plus 6 digits. If you know your ledger as 1234 you will enter 0959001234. If you transferred in from a different local your ledger number is shorter, enter 0’s before your ledger. 10 digits are required for login please enter 0’s prior to your ledger number, example: 0017412345.
Your information you provide to register for the login must match the local’s records.
If you forget your login follow the steps to retrieve the security questions to regain access to your account.
Did you know about all the awesome benefits available to union members? Visit www.unionplus.org for all the details on discounts for flowers, rental cars, credit counseling and much more!
If you are looking to buy or refinance a home contact our local Union Plus Wells Fargo representative!
Use BridgeHealth to save you and our Plan money. Health care costs in Alaska are almost three times higher than the lower 48. If surgery is in your future take the time to learn about benefits available to you.
Joining Local 959 will take you to new heights! Visit or contact any of the Hall locations where staff are available to answer your questions. You will be asked to complete a membership application and pay a hiring hall fee to join. After you have completed this process you can bid on open jobs you qualify for. Job calls are at 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. in Anchorage and 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. in Fairbanks.
What is job call? Job call is when the dispatcher will announce job openings at Teamster represented employers across the state. If you qualify for a job that is announced notify the dispatcher and they will verify your qualifications and assist you from there.
What is a hiring hall fee? The hiring hall fee gives you the opportunity to attend job call up to the last day of the month you paid. Example, you pay a hiring hall fee on September 20 your fee is good through September 30. Paying the hiring hall fee does not make you a member of the union.
When do you become a member? After you have been hired by a Teamster represented employer you will need to pay a one-time initiation fee (amount is based on your hourly rate of pay) and continue to pay your monthly and supplemental dues. Local 959 has a dues structure where members pay two types of dues that are based on your hourly pay, hours worked, and full or part time status. Contact the dues staff for questions about your dues. You must become and remain a member in good standing by paying your monthly and supplemental dues and paying your initiation fee.
The executive board is pleased to present the Local 959 Member Portal – a secure area where you can:
- View and update your Personal Information
- View your Membership History
- View Documents securely upload by Local 959 pertaining to your Membership Account
- Download a variety of Forms
- Securely Upload and Submit Withdrawal forms and more
You can check out the member area by clicking here or by downloading the Local 959 Mobile App on your Android or iOS device!
November 22 & 23 – Local 959 Office locations will be closed for Thanksgiving holiday
December 1 – Fairbanks Membership Christmas Celebration, details to come!
December 8 – Anchorage Membership Christmas Celebration, details to come!